Full Time Vacancy
Since 1967 Colloids has had an outstanding reputation for supplying high quality masterbatches/concentrates for use in the thermoplastics industry and has grown both organically and through acquisition. We are a rapidly expanding manufacturing business with our main manufacturing plant a headquarters based in Merseyside.
We are currently seeking an experienced Lab Technician to join our team, based at our site in Rushden, Northants. This role will be reporting directly to the Technical Manager and will interact with all departments across the business.
The successful candidate will be joining a leading Masterbatch business at an exciting time of growth and expansion.
You will be a highly driven, motivated team player with strong Laboratory experience in a similar role. Your work will involve providing support for all areas of Laboratory work, concentrating on the manufacture of laboratory scale development samples and undertaking Quality Control of these samples ensuring the material meets both the customer and internal specifications for colour and physical performance. The role will also include other aspects of Quality control, sample preparation and colour matching.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Experience of working in a laboratory
• A methodical mindset and a measured approach to data accuracy.
• The ability to communicate test results effectively to others
• Ability to work on your own initiative with little supervision and as a part of a close-knit team.
• An understanding of office software systems – you should be comfortable maintaining and using data and databases
• Be able to prioritise your tasks and organise your time to maximise your value and productivity.
• Experience of quality /process/ product audits are preferred
• A knowledge of colour correction experience would be beneficial, although not essential.
• Competence in Maths, English and Science
Some useful information;
This is a full-time permanent position, working Monday to Friday on a 2-week rotating shift pattern (7am-3pm / 1pm-9pm). The salary offered will be commensurate to the skills and qualifications of the successful applicant. Benefits Include: 25 days holiday, plus statutory bank holidays, pension, life assurance, staff parking, Medicash, Cycle to work scheme.
Applicants should email their CV (providing details of current salary) and a covering letter expressing your interest in the role to Nikki_thompson@colloids.com, HR Manager.
Closing date for applications: Monday 9 November 2020