Colloids Limited is one of the fastest growing brands in the plastics industry. Growing from £10mill to over £55mill over the last 4 years alone! Since 1967 Colloids has had an outstanding reputation for supplying high quality masterbatches / concentrates for use in the thermoplastics industry. We are a rapidly expanding manufacturing business with our main manufacturing plant and headquarters based in Merseyside, with additional plants in Rushden and China.
• Hours: 40 Hour Contract | Monday – Friday (Flexible Weekends to suit needs of the business)
• Salary: Commensurate to the role
• Location: Liverpool, L33
• Job Type: Permanent
Duties & Responsibilities
• Responsible to manage team of 7
• Provide hands on leadership to establish an effective site maintenance team. Safely and effectively manage the maintenance function to maximise plant availability, whilst ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements
• Develop a maintenance infrastructure to continuously improve processes and plant efficiencies to underpin the strategy of the business. Responsible for the maintenance of all equipment and facilities at the Knowsley site.
• Maximise plant uptime by providing effective proactive and reactive maintenance.
• Supervise, train and develop all maintenance and engineering personnel.
• Develop a learning culture and strive to continuously improve the effectiveness of the engineering team.
• Establish and maintain an effective preventative maintenance program across all site facilities.
• Maintain all engineering records and manage the inventory of spare parts and supplies.
• Audit existing and new equipment to ensure safety features are installed and properly maintained.
• Be the primary engineering contact for all incident response.
• Manage maintenance spend and overtime costs effectively
• Manage all statutory engineering safety requirements at the site.
• Submit progress reports, as required, to senior management.
• Coordinate maintenance assignments with the production team to minimise disruption and ensure production efficiencies are optimised.
• Ensure all reports comply fully with company policies and procedures
• Seek and evaluate the latest advances in equipment designs and provide thought leadership on behalf of Colloids in this area.
• Significant experience in industrial maintenance management, preferably in the process or plastics industries.
• Experience of leading a multi-shift site maintenance/engineering team.
• Experience in the process industries with hands on working knowledge of pumps, conveyors, motors/drives, heating/cooling, hydraulics etc.
• Demonstrate delivery of maintenance best practice to support manufacturing improvement.
• Working knowledge of preventative and predictive maintenance techniques.
• Recognised qualification in Mechanical/Electrical engineering (Qualified to relevant City and Guilds standard) or higher.
• Multi-skilled engineer, primarily mechanical & sound knowledge of regulatory requirements
• 25 Annual Days Holiday + Bank Holidays
• Free Fruit Weekly
• Free Tea and Coffee
• Company Pension Scheme
• Cycle to Work Scheme
Applicants should email their CV (providing details of current salary) and a description as to why your skills suit this position to; email@example.com