Full Time Vacancy
We are a rapidly expanding manufacturing business with our main manufacturing plant a headquarters based in Merseyside.
We are currently seeking a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer to join our Maintenance Team, based at our headquarters in Liverpool. This role will be reporting directly to the Engineering & Projects Manager and will interact with all departments across the business. The successful candidate will be joining a leading Masterbatch business at an exciting time of growth and expansion
You will assist the Engineering and Projects Manager in ensuring all plant maintenance is carried out in a timely and responsive manner. Work will be a mixture of reactive and planned tasks prioritised by the Engineering and Projects Manager / Shift managers and Planning Department.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Customer focused in attitude towards breakdowns.
• Understand plant priorities and liaise with Shift managers / Production Planning to ensure
breakdowns are prioritised correctly.
• Accurate completion of repair handover to Production Management Team.
• Reports in delays in repair to Shift Management team.
• Completion of breakdown tasks in a timely manner aiming to minimise shift downtime.
Key Requirements are:
• Time served multi-skilled Engineer – Mechanical bias (Mechanical City & Guilds – Level 3).
• Electrical – 17th or 18th Edition.
• Minimum of 5 years post apprenticeship experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Experience in masterbatch or plastics production desirable.
• Experienced at interpreting electrical / mechanical drawings and technical specifications.
• Basic computer literacy, as well as experience of using CMMS software desirable.
• Ability to self-manage during shift hours.
• Good communicator across shifts within Engineering team and with Shift managers / Process Operators.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and highly customer focused
Manufacturing plastics can be a dirty business, so we need teams who help to maintain a high standard of housekeeping and plant cleanliness. There are laundry facilities provided by the company for your own personal PPE and onsite shower facilities for use at the end of shifts.
This is a full-time position, with a salary commensurate to the post, including shift allowance. You will be working 12-hour continental shifts on 4 on, 4 off basis.
Applicants should email their CV (providing details of current salary) and a covering letter expressing your interest in the role to Nikki_thompson@colloids.com, HR Manager.
Closing date for applications: Friday 13 November 2020