We are currently seeking a Multi Skilled Shift Engineer to join our Maintenance Team, based at our headquarters in Liverpool. This role will be reporting directly to the Engineering & Projects Manager and will interact with all departments across the business. The successful candidate will be joining a leading Masterbatch business at an exciting time of growth and expansion
You will assist the Engineering and Projects Manager in ensuring all plant maintenance is carried out in a timely and responsive manner. Work will be a mixture of reactive and planned tasks prioritised by the Engineering and Projects Manager / Shift managers and Planning Department.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Customer focused in attitude towards breakdowns.
• Understand plant priorities and liaise with Shift managers / Production Planning to ensure breakdowns are prioritised correctly.
• Accurate completion of repair handover to Production Management Team.
• Reports in delays in repair to Shift Management team.
• Completion of breakdown tasks in a timely manner aiming to minimise shift downtime.
Key Requirements are:
• Time served multi-skilled Engineer – Mechanical bias (Mechanical City & Guilds – L 3).
• Electrical – 17th or 18th Edition.
• Minimum of 5 years post apprenticeship experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
• Experience in masterbatch or plastics production desirable.
• Experienced at interpreting electrical / mechanical drawings and technical specifications.
• Basic computer literacy, as well as experience of using CMMS software desirable.
• Ability to self-manage during shift hours.
• Good communicator across shifts within Engineering team and with Shift managers / Process Operators.
· Excellent problem-solving skills and highly customer focused
This is a full-time position, with a salary commensurate to the post, including shift allowance. You will be working 12-hour continental shifts on 4 on, 4 off basis.
Applicants should email their CV (providing details of current salary) and a covering letter expressing your interest in the role to Nikki_thompson@colloids.com, HR Manager.
Closing date for applications: Friday 15 January 2021