Colloids has developed two proven ranges of conductive compounds which offer customers effective enhanced performance solutions to the design engineering challenges from electrical and thermal conductivity that a plastic component can face in in electrical and electronics, automotive, consumer and industrial products and packaging, storage and distribution end use applications.
Colloids Conductive Compounds Solutions
Electrical compounds (E-TEC®) range – for applications where varying degrees of permanent electrical conductivity are required. Available as standard in PS, PC/ABS, PP, PA and PE (for film to 75 micron).
Four standard E-TEC® grades are available for rigid plastic containers and flexible sheet or film packaging, higher service temperature applications and where tougher, higher impact performance is required.
- A range of surface resistivity and polymer processing grade options
- Guaranteed conductive performance carbon black based bespoke E-TEC® formulations
- Enhanced static dissipation and electrical conductive performance
- Superior mechanical properties
- Enhanced process capability
- Excellent weldability and aesthetics
Thermal compounds (H-TEC®) range – developed to offer design engineers alternative material solutions to metals or ceramics by overcoming the low thermal conductivity of polymers, using thermally conductive filler components in compound formulations.
- Custom formulated H-TEC® compounds to meet specific application needs
- Enables designers to specify a lightweight, non-corrosive, plastic component
- Inherent low thermal expansion coefficient lowers moulded part shrinkage
- Overcomes heat build-up in electrical components
- Can reduce mould cycle times and improve processability
- Increases service life and improves part efficacy in use